With approximately 50,000 acres in California, Sun Pacific is the largest grower/shipper of navel oranges in the world, the largest grower/shipper of kiwi in North America, the 2nd largest grower/shipper of mandarins in North America, the largest tomato grower in California and renown for high quality table grapes. Our core focus is on farming, providing us with deep expertise in every aspect of growing these crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, irrigation technologies and specialized equipment use, all tied together with sophisticated information systems. Our team is growing and currently looking for a Data Analyst for its farming division.
Reporting Relationship: The Farming Data Analyst will report directly to the president of farming.
- Responsible for managing the full life-cycle of assigned projects, including research, data mining, data analytics, designs, development, testing, implementation, and documentation.
- Divisional point of coordination with Sun Pacific data manager to ensure consistency with all other internal data projects;
- API development;
- Database development;
- Report development using BI software (TBD);
- Input form development;
- Application development;
- GIS (SQL) database development and field data collection apps;
- Interacting with development team to identify data needs to assist with farming practices;
- Verifying data integrity and report accuracy ensuring clients’ satisfaction;
- Ensuring optimal performance and follow best practices;
- Coordinating the needs of users with the development team; and,
- Performing all other duties, assignments, and projects as assigned by management.
- Ability to independently lead analytic efforts requiring minimal supervision;
- Ability to have strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines;
- Ability to identify opportunities, produce code and present solutions in a timely/fast-paced manner;
- Exceptional team (and self-testing) quality assurance, processes and execution;
- Proficient in: .Net, SQL, Access, BI platforms (TBD) and report writing (preferably SSRS);
- Ability to work with public domain data and to integrate into reports/algorithms; and,
- Aptitude to learn new technology, products, and concepts.
- Strong and efficient inter-personal and communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, including management and senior level executives;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivated;
- Advance knowledge of .Net, SQL, Access, BI platform and report writing;
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks; and,
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and have excellent communication skills.
Competitive pay and benefits, offered.