JOB SUMMARY: The water data management specialist will be responsible for assisting the water resource manager in organizing and maintaining water resources data and GIS-related operations such as: creating maps, web/mobile applications, dashboards/reports, and associated geodatabases; performing ad hoc spatial analysis; integrating related databases; and be responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Company’s GIS water resources data and related services for water resources.
REPORTING RELTIONSHIP: The water data management specialist will directly report to and work under the supervision and direction of the Company’s water resource manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting data analysis on water usage, supply availability, and conveyance system limitations for internal uses, lender communications, and acquisition research;
- Updating the Company’s water asset and use database;
- Ensure water supply data for various ranches is up to date and accurate, including considerations of supply, policy, regulatory, and physical factors;
- Develop and administer methods of displaying data, including dashboards and reports;
- Work with management to review and enhance current GIS resources, including geodatabases, ArcGIS Desktop maps/tables, ArcGIS Online maps/applications, and Esri mobile applications;
- Develop and administer ArcGIS Desktop resources, including project-specific maps, standard maps created with Data Driven Pages, and standard tables created with Production Mapping;
- Develop and administer ArcGIS Online resources, including web maps, web applications, and data/maps to support mobile applications;
- Develop and administer Esri mobile applications, including Explorer for ArcGIS, Collector for ArcGIS, and Survey 123. Work with the water resources manager to create new applications that meet specific needs;
- Expand current geodatabases through the identification of publically-available data and processing of raw data in Microsoft Excel or Access;
- Ensure data integrity throughout all GIS resources, including data collection (e.g., Collector, Survey 123), data storage (e.g., geodatabases, ArcGIS Online), and data usage (e.g., Desktop, web applications, Explorer);
- Coordinate with other departments to integrate databases and ensure integrity of all related data. To the greatest extent possible, provide for a direct link between GIS outputs (e.g., Desktop, web applications, Explorer), and non-GIS data inputs (e.g., Access databases); and,
- All other tasks, projects, duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Company and its water resource manager.
- Experience with data management, GIS administration and analysis;
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental resources, water resources, computer science, or agricultural field of study, or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software and functionalities quickly and efficiently; and,
- Advanced computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite with heavy emphasis in Excel and ARC-GIS.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIIES:
- Advanced skill in ArcGIS Desktop;
- Intermediate skill in ArcGIS Online and the ability to learn quickly and efficiently;
- Proficiency in Esri mobile applications or the ability to learn quickly and efficiently;
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Excel;
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Access (preferred);
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, VB Script, and other programming languages (preferred);
- Attention to detail and a deep understanding of methods to ensure data integrity;
- Effective reporting and communication skills; and
- Ability to prioritize, adapt and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment.
Competitive pay and benefits offered.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.