Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food and non-food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers around the world.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Produce Specialist to join our team in Ventura, CA.
This is a professional sales position responsible for growing new business within the fresh produce category, with the expectation of achieving assigned business goals while enhancing the customer experience. This will be accomplished through maintaining industry and category specific certification status and direct selling of the category to customers. Specialists will prioritize time, targets, and team selling efforts based on market insights and data analytics.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum: High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years of sales experience within a retail, broker, wholesale or distribution environment (deep technical expertise of produce categories)
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent educational level
- Proficiency in produce knowledge and trends required
- (Internal Certification & External Certification may be required)
- Analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Strong financial acumen and ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Flexible; readily accepts change; open to new ideas
- Track record of success in the area of consultative selling, networking and negotiations
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
- Experience building trust with prospective customers and securing new business
- Strong business and restaurant operations acumen to manage sophisticated customers
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proactive and self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives at the same time
- Understanding of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and Sysco’s credit terms
Candidates who start work in the months of May, June and July 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.