Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
In this role you will work to support the Account Management team in their daily sales functions with customers. This will require you to work collaboratively across multiple departments in order to accurately and effectively execute daily responsibilities. You will have direct facing and daily communications with the customer.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Gain a general understanding of how all departments interact and the role that each plays in providing our products to customers
- Work with account managers in support of their daily activities
- Answering phones / emails
- Taking, entering and managing orders for shipment
- Arrange accessorial requests for shipments
- Process rejections / credits
- Assist account managers with daily activities including order entry, changes and accessorial requests for shipments
- Work within industry and customer portals to enter pricing and process orders
- Provide excellent service to customers and understand their systems and procedures
- Daily communication with customers as it relates to Tanimura and Antle products
- Learn to effectively articulate market updates and industry outlooks
- Participate in customer events (tours, visits, dinners, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask
- Basic to intermediate math skills
- Must be able to work well both independently and with a team
- Must be able to promote a positive company image, and uphold company values
- Some travel and afterhours work required
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.