Texas Farm Patch is a year-round farming and packing shed operation.
The Packing Shed Manager will be responsible for all packing shed activity and will need excellent people skills. The position will require the right candidate to manage operations, understand and enforce company quality standards, and assign crew activity to maximize productivity.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for shipping/receiving and logistics
- Ensure Food Safety guidelines are followed in the packing process following USDA/GFSI specifications
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, storage and shipping fresh produce.
- Supervise packing shed operations.
- Receiving, product form outside vendors
- Inspection for quality of product from outside vendors
- Packing quality product to customers’ needs with TFP product and outside vendor product
- Schedule packing shed associates to insure maximum efficiency and labor expense control
- Responsible for administrative duties required to ensure all product is properly labeled, invoiced for shipping
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish
- Agriculture background
- Quality Control
- Experience supervising others
- Forklift operation
- Primus GFS & HACCP Training Certificates would be a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as food safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software Internet software and Spreadsheet software.
- Analytical: Ability to collect and interpret data. Ability to research and problem solve independently
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group solving situations
- Technical Skills: Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, share expertise with others
- Interpersonal Skills: Focus on solving conflict, not blaming, maintain confidentiality, listen to others without interrupting, remain open to other ideas and try new things
- Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to other views, able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.