True® is the worldwide leader in diverse and innovative production of organic fertilizers. We are a family-owned business who respectfully treats our growers’ land as if it were our own. We are passionately dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality, safest and easiest-to-handle organic fertilizers developed exclusively to help you grow your business.
We have an immediate opening for Director of Engineering & Maintenance to join us in our Helm, CA facility.
The Director of Engineering & Maintenance is responsible for the management and administration of the total maintenance / engineering program for the Company. The Director of Engineering and Maintenance shall develop and implement strategies that will maximize the financial performance of the company, while maintaining company standards and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Competent in full utilization of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for proper traceability of all internal and external maintenance expenditures
- Proficient in utilization of the (CMMS) for diverse reporting for detailed department and asset analysis
- Experience in Capital Expenditure Project Management with experience in developing and managing the following: 1) Detailed/itemized and accurate costs by project 2) Bidding out larger projects to potential vendors 3) Tracking actual costs to budget and making sure we do not have cost overruns 4) Accurate annual capital expense budget.
- Capable of creating detailed operational cost analysis via MS Excel (for similar software) for department, equipment and /or project review
- Has a big-picture mentality that can create a vision and mission for a maintenance tea.
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience in engineering, maintenance, or project management for large manufacturing/industrial company
- Minimum BA Degree in Engineering or relevant field of study
- Competent in autocade, sketchup or any type of project software
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, manage, and control maintenance parts & payroll on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Manage and enforce all maintenance activities through system work orders.
- Capable of exporting factual data from (CMMS) for thorough cost and return on investment analysis.
- Sets overall maintenance department goals, processes, or procedures to accomplish company objectives.
- Capability in managing a large and fluid department.
- Oversees, motivates, and reviews maintenance supervisors including management of training and professional development.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to maintenance supervisors and managers in an effective, positive, and efficient manner
- Creates a preventive maintenance system as well as procedures to keep day-to-day operations running smoothly.
- Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with safety policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Complies with the code of conduct and standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group setting which provides a positive influence on co-workers.
- Assures that all work assigned to the position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean working areas in assigned work sites.
- Works with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Provides training and education to employees that includes and is not limited to mechanical, safety, and performance.
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the fertilizer industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Ensures company’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Manages/supervises plant maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Monitor’s operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipates and solves problems in a timely manner, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Conducts on-site inspection of repair projects.
- Prepares, implements, and maintains preventive maintenance schedules for maintenance and repair of tools and equipment.
- Orders tools, equipment, and supplies and maintains accurate records.
- Recommends replacement of existing equipment.
- Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are always met.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Department.
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee normally is required to stand. Employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions that include dust, wind and sun.
- Environment at plant is dirty, dusty, odiferous, and 24/7 in all types of weather.