The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for the management, development, and mentoring of the Sales and Customer Experience Team as well as development and implementation of the corporate policies and procedures at the designated Facility.
This is a professional position commanding the highest degree of integrity and ethics and is responsible for building strong relationships with management, CSR/CES team, procurement staff, key suppliers, and internal and external customers.
The overall success of the location is dependent on the Sales Operations Manager.
The Sales Operation Manager needs to drive new sales, customer experience at the designated location. Works closely with Director of Customer Service, Director of Operations, Director of Purchasing and Sales Management.
- Directly supervises approximately 5-6 people.
- Deliver the annual sales and gross profit budget per the assigned sales team
- Drives the sales team to attain new sales and continuously grow the business
- Mentors all members of the sales and customer service team to be the best that they can be in their roles offering the opportunity for cross-training, growth, and development within the organization
- Builds a highly effective team atmosphere within the assigned office. This includes setting team building events, lunches, and other ways to create a winning team atmosphere
- Responsible for inventory levels at the location. This includes hitting the Days Inventory on Hand (DIOH) goal for the consumable products and monitoring unavailable inventory. Leading the CES and Sales Team to the correct initial order quantity will be key to success
- Collaborates with management and internal/external customers reviewing customer requirements, planning requirements, scheduling requirements, identifying product codes and appropriate general ledger accounts to utilize
- Perform a variety of duties that assist in the implementation and execution of initiatives for other departments (i.e. human resources, safety, marketing, etc.) in the assigned location
- Responsible for Volm Inventory Management Solution (VIMS) account administration to ensure accurate and precise inventory levels at the company warehouse and customer warehouse so business operates smoothly day to day. Works closely with Corporate Finance team to validate and enter data as needed
- Conduct quantitative analyses of information to drive customer performance especially VIMS customer base
- Collects and analyzes financial information for assigned accounts, products or product lines, or business units to track the organization's progress against financial goals. Plays a key role in communicating and managing the changes needed to ensure efficient execution of system processes & customer facing reports
- Analyzes datasets to make recommendations for action and/or modifications regarding procedures, plans, and controls
- Assists in the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual financial customer reviews
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to a senior leadership team based on sound analysis
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated positive teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines and to delegate when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of financial principles normally acquired through a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in sales management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Hands on experience with ERP’s, Microsoft D365 FinOps, SSRS Reporting, Power BI &/or SQL Coding is preferred.
- Working in an office environment with periodic exposure to manufacturing environments
- Appropriate PPE required when working on the production floor.
- Frequent walking, talking, repetitive movement, and hearing
- Occasional standing, reaching, and bending
- This position may require up to 20-50% travel between location and vendor sites by use of company or personal motor vehicle
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, be a minimum of 21 years of age, and ability to hold a minimum personal auto liability insurance limit of $300,000 per accident, and $100,000 personal property
- Required to pass MVR check with relevance to Volm Companies Insurance policies
Volm Companies is family owned and operated since 1954 strives to make sure it's employees are taken care of!
Here at Volm, we offer annual pay raises, career path progression, a focus on internal promotional opportunities, work life balance, paid orientation, a paid referral program, flexible scheduling (department dependent), paid holidays and vacation time, 401k profit sharing, short term and long term disability paid 100% by the company, medical, dental and vision insurance options, paid parental leave, family company picnics, Christmas parties, gym membership assistance, tuition assistance, and child care assistance.
We take care of you, so you can take care of the ones you love! Our drivers have W2 employee truck driving position, 96% no touch freight, some drop and hook, regional travel, inverter and refrigerator, no hazmat, no containers, no tankers, and late model fleets, with newer equipment that keeps you out of the shop.
We have almost 100 different products that provide farmers with the necessary supplies to ensure that food and other products make it to the store shelves.
At Volm, the work you do is valuable and contributes to our communities success!
Apply below to join the family!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.