Since its inception in 1937, Watsonville Coast Produce, Inc. has prided itself on delivering produce of the highest quality and best value to our customers. This philosophy has helped us grow into a regional industry leader, distributing a wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables throughout California.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team in Watsonville, CA.
The Account Manager is responsible for customer relationship management and maintaining, growing, and acquiring new revenue from an existing base of clientele within assigned territory. This position may be responsible for various types of accounts to include retail and food service. Additionally, the Account Manager will develop sales strategies to attract new customers by qualifying prospects, cold-calling, making focused revenue-based sales calls, and supporting the overall goals and efforts of the company in generating revenue and growing our customer base.
To be considered for this position, you:
- Must pass pre-employment background, physical, and drug screen
- Must possess valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- 1-year account management/outside sales experience
- Proven track record of success consistently closing business
- Produce knowledge a plus – i.e. fruits & vegetables, organic & conventional
- Read, write & effectively communicate verbally in English (bilingual in Spanish a plus)
- Perform basic arithmetic (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and uses basic numerical concepts (e.g., whole numbers, percentages) to complete job tasks
- Ability to read maps, use a GPS, and/or have a good sense of direction
- Must be computer literate and proficient with common computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY, COMMISSION AND COMPLETE BENEFITS PACKAGE.
YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS UP TO YOU!