Our VISION, quite simply, is to be “the world’s premier avocado company, offering quality, superior service to customers and growers everywhere.” Being the premier avocado company does not mean being the biggest, but it does mean being the best and most relevant in terms of customer value, customer service, employee talent, and consistent and predictable growth.
West Pak Avocado Values:
We strive for Excellence:
PEOPLE - We care for our people. We practice Integrity in all of our relationships.
SERVICE - We provide the highest level of Service to our customers, growers, and each other. We ensure our key stakeholders a true partnership.
INNOVATION - We are committed to the Innovation of our products and services and maintaining our industry leadership in technology.
We have an immediate opening for a Food Safety Supervisor to join our team in Murrieta, CA.
The Food Safety Supervisor is responsible for enforcing the policies and procedures surrounding food safety and hygiene. The Food Safety Supervisor examines all manufacturing equipment to ensure that it works properly and meets all governmental standards. In instances of violations, the individual develops a plan to correct the situation. Must have a keen understanding of industry regulations and will consult with management to address compliance issues and make recommendations to improve processes. The Food Safety Supervisor will provide leadership and assist the Sanitation team in the direction that will maintain the Food Safety systems in place and make suggestions for continuous improvement to all facility processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food Technology, or related field is preferred or 2-3 years of Quality Assurance experience within a food environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- HACCP and PCQI certifications are preferred.
- Knowledge in FSMA, USDA, and FDA Regulations
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- An understanding of pathogens and other food contaminants is required as well as an understanding of modes of control of various sanitation chemicals and physical cleaning
- Read and understand chemical labels
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have outstanding knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Primus GFS knowledge is a plus
- Famous knowledge is a plus
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus Potential
- Employee Development Training
- Safety Rewards
- Discounts to local theme parks & events
- Farm Bureau Membership Discounts
- Monthly Company Events (birthdays, anniversaries, & raffles)
- Free Avocado Fridays
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.