Western Fresh Marketing was formed in 1994 in order to represent growers of fancy imported and domestic fruits. Over the years we have added more palate-pleasing delicacies and we market these bountiful harvests to discriminating, upscale retailers and wholesalers throughout the United States and Canada.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Import Coordinator/Office Assistant to join our team in Madera, CA.
As the title states, this is a multi-disciplinary role.
As the Import Coordinator you will need to follow the containers and vessels from the foreign exporting ports to our coolers in California and the east coast. You will be working with our office in Chile and our various exporters in Italy & Greece. You will be keeping records and advising the sales team of the progress as well as initiating Wire Transfers.
As the Office Assistant you will be in charge of invoicing, receiving product into our office computer network (famous software), but also working with our sales staff and the Business-to-Business piers used to communicate some of our customer orders to our staff.
The successful candidate will have:
• Knowledge of Famous Software is required.
• Able to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
• Experience in the produce industry
• Excellent phone skills and excellent customer service skills
• Ability to be proactive in a fast paced sales environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
• Agricultural experience is a Plus.
• Good computer skills and the motivation to learn new skills
• Desire to grow with the company and bring focus, flexibility and passion to the position
• A strong work ethic, team player attitude, punctuality, and job dedication
We offer a competitive salary, paid health, vision and dental care, 401(k) with matching funds.
Operation Hours: 7am to 4pm Monday thru Friday and occasional Saturday’s 7:30am to 10:30am.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.