Western Precooling is the leading full-service provider of precooling equipment, facilities and services. We are recruiting for a dynamic and energetic individual to join us as Purchasing Administrator, providing support for all purchasing activities. Based in the Castroville shop, the Purchasing Administrator works closely with our crew and management team, including the Purchasing and Inventory Manager to ensure materials are ordered and available for job completion. This includes maintaining inventory, as well as administering the purchase order process.
Western Precooling is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization which cares deeply about its customers and its employees. If you feel you would like to be part of this team, and feel you are up to this challenge please submit your resume to: Diane Knoll, Human Resources Director: email@example.com or fax: 510-3446350.
Resumes may also be mailed to: Western Precooling Systems, 43990 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538. EOE
- Prior purchasing experience, preferably in the industrial refrigeration industry or produce precooling industry.
- Well versed in at least one or more of the following areas: Electrical (motors, starters, breakers, wiring) Electronics (PLC’s), Mechanical (piping, fittings, valves, flexes), Pumps/Compressors (ammonia, water, oil) Drives (gear boxes, bearing, chain).
- Experience administering DOT and trucking programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of accounting software systems a plus.
- Possesses a solid understanding of inventory systems and purchasing procedures.
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
- Ensures established Western Precooling purchasing practices are implemented. This includes verifying purchase order information from the field is correct, timely submission of invoices and receipts to the corporate accounting office.
- Works closely with services shop management team in assigning technician work orders, opening and closing service calls, and utilizing Microsoft Field Service and Microsoft Dynamics 365 accounting software.
- Makes contact with vendors regarding missing and incorrect invoices and provides service call back up to other Western Precooling locations when needed.
- Orders materials and parts, using set purchasing guidelines. Maintains good relations with vendors, ensuring the best prices are received.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of all Shop tools and ensures that parts are ordered and received as needed.
- Maintain records of personal tools purchased through Western Precooling’s technicians.
- Performs cycle counts through the year (Facilities & Service Trucks).
- Ensures controls are in place for a smooth check in and check out process of company tools.
- Responsible for all shop shipping needs to all locations via UPS, On Trac and FedEx freight.
- Monitors and schedules the disposal of hazardous materials generated by WPS owned and partnership equipment and facilities. Maintains comprehensive filing system and documentation of manifests for disposal of generated waste. Participates in annual County inspections.
- Monitors and maintains comprehensive driver DOT compliance filing system for WPS’ affiliated company, Central Cooling Company. Provides proof of compliance to State and Federal Enforcement agencies, enforces the Company’s drug and alcohol program and maintains a systematic of maintenance schedule and filing schedule for all Central Cooling transportation equipment. Participates in the DOT biennial inspections of Equipment and filling systems.