Wholesale Produce Supply, LLC is one of the largest wholesale distributors of fresh produce in the Upper Midwest. Since its start in 1964, Wholesale Produce Supply has been steadily growing and building a stellar reputation in the produce industry.
We are seeking a talented Business Development Manager with a strong focus on acquiring new customers in the fresh produce industry to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the retail market in the Upper Midwest and a proven track record of success in sales and business development. As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and acquiring new retail partnerships, driving revenue growth, and expanding our customer base in the region.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to acquire new retail customers, including grocery stores, wholesalers, and distributors.
- Research and identify potential new customers, leveraging your knowledge of the fresh produce market and industry trends.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at potential new accounts and lead the sales process from initial contact to closing the deal.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, operations, and finance, to ensure successful onboarding and ongoing account management.
- Attend industry trade shows, conferences, and events to network and identify new business opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development or sales, preferably in the fresh produce industry.
- Strong knowledge of the retail industry in the Upper Midwest, including key players and trends.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving sales targets and driving revenue growth.
- Willingness to travel regularly throughout the Upper Midwest region.
- We offer a competitive salary plus bonus potential for achieved sales target.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
If you are passionate about the fresh produce industry and have a proven track record of success in business development, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.