WYCO Produce, a leading distributor of year-round avocado, papaya and dry vegetables is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Avocado Sales Representative.
- Grow sales within existing house accounts and develop new accounts by targeting retail, foodservice and wholesale business.
- Research and maintain daily awareness of national market trends utilize data to leverage sales.
- Achieve budgeted sales volume objectives.
- Work on internal computer system to book and manage sales orders, have knowledge of product inventory, track sales reports and maintain customer lists.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of the company.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- 3+ years produce experience, preferably in tropical category.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, 2- year Associate degree will be considered.
- Established Retail, Foodservice, Wholesale and Broker contacts.
- Ability to work with changing market factors.
- Clear understanding of the fresh produce supply chain.
- Excellent communication skills.
- National and international travel ability.
- Bilingual- Must speak, read, and write Spanish.
- Famous software knowledge a plus.
- Base Salary and bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Region: We have offices in Nogales and in Tampa. Candidate can be from either area. This position can be remote for an experienced candidate.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.