Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We have an immediate opening for a Safety Specialist to join our team in Salinas, CA and Yuma, AZ.
The Safety Specialist is responsible for implementing, supervising, monitoring and enforcing the company’s safety programs, policies and procedures that meet OSHA, CAL/OSHA, GAP, GHP and other applicable requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety desired
- Certifications may include: OSHA Certification, Occupational Health and Safety Technologist, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Loss Control Specialist
- Agricultural work experience in an Occupational Health & Safety role
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) required; must read, write and speak both languages
- Able to travel seasonally with the company from Salinas, CA. to Yuma, AZ.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about health & safety
- Excellent oral & written communication skills; including professional email composition
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently and produce results
- Dedicated to collaborative team-work
- Capable of working outdoors in a variety of environments; including, cold, hot, foggy, wet, dry, muddy and dusty conditions
- Able to walk on uneven ground to arrive at field locations, carry training materials, and stand and/or sit to present safety trainings both outdoors or indoors
- Flexible to work irregular hours and days as needed to accomplish company safety goals
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be covered by the company’s insurance policy