Awe Sum Organics, Inc. is a well-established importer and marketer of organic fruit. The Company has been in business for 36 years and is a leader in the organic produce industry, with international and domestic product supply and distribution across the entire U.S. and Canada.
We are seeking an Account Manager to join our team based out of our Santa Cruz, CA offices.
The Account Manager will work directly with customers on a daily and seasonal basis, as the primary responsible party in building and maintaining relationships with ASO accounts. A successful account manager will have the mindset that a sale isn't a sale until the money is collected and maintain focus on executing and overseeing the sales process end to end in conjunction with our sales coordinator team. In addition to fulfilling day-to-day operational execution requirements for the needs of multiple key customer account, this role will proactively seek out solutions for all stakeholders in building consistent program sales. As part of this process, some work on new business development as needed will be required, in growing Awe Sum’s footprint in the market as well as moving fruit in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience managing customer accounts.
- Fresh Produce / Organics knowledge and sales experience highly desirable.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and interpersonal), analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to integrate current customer experiences and contacts commensurate with ASO customer list and priorities.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to stay focused in an active environment and to remain calm under pressure and competing priorities.
- Aware of the “big picture” while maintaining focus on details.
- Long term focused
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus.
What we offer:
A great place to work, stable place to work with a competitive compensation package and a focus on the team. This is a great opportunity for the produce professional to take their career to the next level!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.