Stephen Boskovich started his farm in the San Fernando Valley in 1915. Between then and now we’ve grown from a 7-acre plot to more than 18,000 growing acres in California, Arizona, Nevada and Mexico.
We’ve expanded our produce offerings to over 150 items. We ushered in a 12-month growing season. And we were early pioneers in adapting to lifestyle changes and the need for fresh cut produce … a major innovation benefitting both busy families and foodservice clients. We consolidated headquarters and our fresh cut packing operation for the sake of economy and efficiency. We’ve learned everything there is to know (so far) about land management and sustainability, adding an organic line. And we’re tackling the crisis of overflowing landfills with new compostable packaging. Plus a lot more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable Quality Assurance Manager to join our team!
The Quality Assurance Manager ensures that all products and processes at Fresh Prep’s processing facility adheres to the highest Food Safety and Quality standards in the industry.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory, customer, industry standard, and third party audit standards (Standards include FSMA, GMPs, GFSI/Customer Audits, Organic).
- Implements and administers FDA FSMA/PCHF compliant food safety program.
- Ensures that all processing lines and products are properly managed for food safety and quality control.
- Manages Food Safety relationships and ensures that all FSQA programs for 3rd party growers/suppliers in the Boskovich supply chain meet all regulatory, customer, industry, and internal Fresh Prep standards – ensuring the highest quality and food safe products.
- Manages KPIs, data gathering, reporting, and continuous improvement.
- Manages environmental monitoring program designed to seek and destroy listeria in the plant. Ensures proper sites are swabbed as needed, corrective actions are properly determined, documented, and executed.
- Manages internal auditing programs to ensure all aspects of Food Safety and Quality programs are functioning as designed.
- Works with Fresh Prep plant management and employees to provide appropriate training, inspection, internal auditing, and coaching to ensure that all employees are following GMPs and best practices for Food Safety.
- Coordinates 3rd party audits for the facility – Ensures that corrective actions are completed and recorded in a timely manner and that proper follow up is taken to ensure corrective actions are effective and properly implemented.
- Works with sales and farms on organic programs.
- Builds FSQA Team to ensure compliance with all required tasks.
- Ensures traceability of all products moving through the facility is managed properly to ensure recall readiness.
- Carries out Mock Recalls.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or life science or equivalent experience
- Five or more years in an FSQA management role in a production facility
- Fresh cut produce processing experience strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GFSI Certification schemes, Organic Certification Process and Program, and food safety principals including GMPs, GAPs, HACCP, FSMA, and LGMA
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Employee Safety/Food Safety/Quality/Food Security:
- Report all safety and health concerns, unsafe practices and hazardous conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Comply with all GMP’s and Food Safety Programs by adhering to guidelines established by the company.
- Support Foreign Object Prevention Program by reporting foreign object incidents to quality staff.
- Report any food safety/quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate corrective actions.
- Support Company’s Food Security Programs by reporting any suspicious activity to supervisor in order to avoid intentional microbiological, chemical or physical contamination.
$95K – 115K