Do you have your own book of business/customer following and looking to take your career to the next level?
Not happy with your current commission split and/or tired of corporate protocols?
Bova Fresh is a well-established Produce Company located in Sunny South Florida with an outstanding credit rating to go along with a great name in the industry. Position open for an experienced Produce Broker / FOB Salesperson.
We are a grower, shipper and importer that has been able to utilize both prior and new growing relationships to help source fresh produce for our customers from all over the world. We service the top retail, foodservice, and wholesale customers in the U.S.
We are in growth mode and have the grower/shipper network to fully support it but want to do it with the right people.
- 5+ years of produce brokerage and/or FOB sales desk experience with an established book of business and/or customer following.
- Strong customer service orientation and reliable work ethic.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook is preferred.
- PACA knowledge would be a plus, but not mandatory.
- Ability to work remotely and/or from home office.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain current customer base targeting sales to retail, foodservice and/or wholesalers.
- Cold calling / developing new customers.
- Book orders with customers and shippers.
- Handling procurement from grower/shipper on non-inventory purchases.
- Management of logistics and transportation for assigned orders.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions, and goals.
- Assist in AR management when necessary
- Team Orientated
- Commission sales with competitive draw.
- We provide back of the house support for Accounting, Food Safety, Customers Insurance, etc. with zero overhead costs to you.
- No state income tax.
Apply to have a completely confidential discussion.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.