More than 35 years ago, our founders, cousins Pat Riordan and Bill “Monc” Moncovich teamed up with childhood best friend, Frank Saveria, and began to sell strawberries from a simple trailer in Watsonville, CA. Years later, we’ve developed a family of people who share our passion for berries. From planting, growing, harvesting, and shipping, it takes every single person here at California Giant to get our berries from our farms to your table.
We now have an immediate opening for a Marketing specialist to join our team in Watsonville, CA.
The Marketing Specialist supports marketing efforts surrounding the development and execution of internal/external communications strategies, and marketing activities in order to develop and maintain awareness of the brand, maximize revenues and drive traffic.
Additionally, they will support companywide initiatives and cross functional departments with appropriate content, programs, and events. This includes participation in managing integrated marketing campaigns, planning, and executing initiatives to reach the target audience. Writing copy and press releases to support all company departments with the goal of building brand visibility with both trade and consumer audiences.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong competency in written grammar and sentence structure, editing, and proofreading required.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent telephone communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational, administration and planning skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop.
- HubSpot or Inbound software knowledge a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Degree in Communications and/or Journalism.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity for both personal and professional growth.