Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City. The secret to our 40+ years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's Produce Trading Company (CPTC) is a fast-paced work environment that requires flexibility to service the needs of our customers & CPTC team members. This position will be responsible for sales & customer growth, supporting existing programs & contributing to the development of new items & programs. This team member will be coordinating the procurement and sales activities as a part of the CPTC team to ensure product lines are offered to current & potential customers. There will be a focus on addressing the needs and ensuring the satisfaction of both our customers & vendors partners. These activities include assigned customers & vendors as well as internal company team members.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Existing book of business or customer base a big plus.
- Three to five years produce experience.
- Commodities knowledge including vegetables & fruits.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate.
- Negotiation skills.
- Retail & wholesale produce experience a plus.
- Sales / purchasing experience in perishable commodities.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer-covered College Program
- 401(k) available