Founded in 1956 by company patriarch, Don Christopher, Christopher Ranch has been the nation’s leading garlic producer for generations. With nearly 6,000 acres of California heirloom garlic, grown statewide, you can be sure to find our products in all 50 states.
Christopher Ranch has an immediate opening for a Fresh Garlic Maintenance Mechanic. This hourly day-shift maintenance position is in Gilroy, CA.
As the Fresh Garlic Mechanic, you will be responsible for conducting food production machinery setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Maintains production equipment through regularly scheduled services.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
Performs mechanical support tasks including, but not limited to;
- Mechanical installation and repairs
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Pneumatic and hydraulic repair
- Reads, and interprets, equipment manuals required for maintenance and service of machines.
- Files daily paperwork required by the Christopher Ranch Good Manufacturing Program.
- Coordinates parts orders with department leadership.
- Communicate clearly and often with department leadership.
- Complies with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- English communication skills required
- Candidates familiar with Spanish as well are preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer and electrical experience
- Exposure to high-speed equipment and safety procedures
- Candidates with experience troubleshooting electrical or PLC equipment are preferred
- 2+ years of experience repairing and maintaining mechanical technology.
- Experience with packing/production machines preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here, represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear and / or eye protection is necessary.
Complete job description to be provided during application process.
Join Gilroy’s Finest – Christopher Ranch team – apply today!