Are you looking for a career opportunity in the Fresh Produce industry?
If so, we may have the opportunity you’re looking for.
Coastal Fresh Farms, Inc. is a grower, shipper and distributor of fresh produce based in southern California. We specialize in a full line of bunched vegetables for retail and foodservice customers. We are dedicated to meeting the demands of our customers with excellent service and high-quality produce.
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Assistant/Food Safety Coordinator to join our team in the Oxnard, CA area.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The successful candidate will provide the necessary support to the field sales team. This candidate will be assisting with answering phones, helping the sales team with writing up and entering orders, and become the point of reference for colleagues and customers alike, by keeping schedules and providing feedback, documentation and information.
Additionally, they will have responsibility for Food Safety document management, including maintaining records, completing customer requests for reports, audits and documentation and working with our food safety team in keeping all food safety files updated and filed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of commercial and technical USDA & FDA regulations
- Experience with GFSI audit schemes and SQF experience preferred
- Maintaining and organizing all food safety documentation for all operations
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, regulatory authorities, 3rd party auditors, and varying levels of employees throughout the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Highly organized and can multi-task between different projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Itrade, Famous, FoodlogiQ, Repositrak and SAP software preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the produce industry preferred
- A full-time position – Mon thru Friday 6:30am-3:30pm
*Saturday 7am-9:30am -rotation
This is a tremendous opportunity to work with a well-established company. We offer a competitive compensation package, and the opportunity for both personal and professional growth.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.