Coastline Family Farms is an independent, privately-held, vertically integrated, year-round grower-shipper of more than 25 top quality fresh vegetable products farmed on premium growing land in California, Arizona and Mexico.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Account Manager/Commodity Manager to join our team in Salinas, CA.
The Senior Account Manager/Commodity Manager performs a variety of activities that support and achieve the sales goals and objectives of the company. Primarily responsible for developing long term strategic partnerships with key Retail and Foodservice accounts and maximizing returns to farmers/growers. Seek out, establish, maintain and grow direct sales to targeted retail and foodservice customers. Develop and implement commodity enhancement products and sales programs to achieve account specific goals and objectives, achieve sales (dollar and volume) growth, while working cooperatively with various internal stakeholders. The position is also responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, meeting the customers’ needs, resolving any issues or concerns of the customer, participating in company marketing activities and preparing account specific sales reports. This is a high performing non-supervisory role, which requires laser focus on account performance and requires collaboration with colleagues but must have strong individual drive.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 7-10 years’ experience in produce (fruits and vegetables) direct or indirect sales and proven key account sales experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications as well as Famous, i-Trade and/or online applications.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Specific and demonstrable experience managing National and Regional accounts in Retail and Foodservice channels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in key (retail and foodservice) account management – beyond transactions.
- Working knowledge of field production and product processing facilities.
- Outstanding people management skills.
- Exhibit creativity, initiative, business acumen.
- Is tenacious, can-do approach, results oriented.
- Strong technical skills with industry/product knowledge.
- Is team player.
- Understanding of i-Trade and Foodlink and the ability to learn and successfully maneuver in other vendor portals as needed.
- Understanding of basic PACA regulations and rules for good arrival.
- Logistics/transportation experience and knowledge of both FOB and delivered sales.
- Knowledge of sales techniques (ie, cold calling, provided leads, referrals, networking) and ability to achieve sales goals.
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent customer service skills are key factors to success.
- Growth and sales oriented and successful working in team environment.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
This is a Full Time Position offering competitive wages and benefits that include:
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation