Our family run operation has been operating in North Jersey for over 85 years. Along with our wholesale business, we also offer other opportunities. Operating an import, repack and processing division. Our import team operates here in New Jersey as well as multiple offices overseas. Processing and repack operate here in New Jersey. We are always looking for progressive ways to move forward. Currently looking for candidates that have the same goals and thought process.
We would like to say Thanks for taking an interest in our current employment opportunity for a Produce Inspector.
Our produce inspection positions connects our buying team to the growers. This current position would be inspect arrivals at our North Jersey location. It is responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products in the warehouse on an ongoing basis and performing other related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality control. This position would also have a role in warehouse operations as well as our Food Safety program.
- Inspect all arrivals to determine whether product meets grade requirements.
- Complete inspection reports, including pictures, temperature notations, truck condition, pallet condition along with quality and condition of product.
- Communicate arrivals to the buying team in a timely matter.
- Give direction to the storing and or staging of product.
- Work with buying team to determine when a USDA inspection is required.
- Provide feedback when product should be returned to shipper.
- Work with buying team on repack items/procedures.
- Work with warehouse team on any food safety issues or implementations.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to give direction to unloading team.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift up to50 lb.
- Knowledge of all USDA delivery standards.
- Ability to work in a cold environment.
- Prior experience preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.