We pride ourselves in supporting local growers first to market. We offer a full line of conventionally grown produce, organic produce, specialty produce, value-added made-to-order items, and a complete floral selection delivered daily to Food Service and Retail outlets.
We are proactive in our Food Safety commitment, with all retail and processing facilities having attained SQF 2000 level certification. Our facilities include state of the art, fully refrigerated loading and receiving dock, modern ethylene scrubbers, plus computer monitored ripening rooms for availability of fruits.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Outside Produce Salesperson to join our team in the greater Portland, OR area.
This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of produce sales to ensure satisfactory sales and profits for the company. Addressing the needs and ensuring the satisfaction of our customers. This includes assigned customers, as well as, the accounts of other company salespersons.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two years of outside sales experience in the wholesale produce industry with proven sales record, preferred
- Restaurant management experience is a plus
- Must have an excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Mathematical skills: Use basic arithmetic, algebra and statistics in daily computations and problem solving.
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power-Point.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Dependable vehicle with safe driving record and proof of insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days.
- Ability to work in refrigerated warehouse environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes Medical, vision, and dental insurance, along with a 401K option, free life insurance. We also offer vacation, sick and holiday play and an opportunity for unlimited income potential.