- Initiate, develop, execute, service and manage sales for designated accounts across total product offering
- Must understand overall company sales priorities and work in a collaborative way to support the highest overall company profitability
- Track markets trends and competitor information to effectively analyze and identify opportunities
- Monitor reports for customer base to highlight maximum selling opportunities
- Communicate commodity availability and pricing daily for team members in order to capitalize on markets
- Enter and track orders in Famous, I-trade, and other ERP systems.
- Verify order entry and follow orders through to delivery
- Work with customers and accounting to resolve deductions and to enforce payment terms with regards to both days paid and credit balances
- Resolve all claims and arrival problems promptly through proper documentation, inspections, and communication with supply chain members
- Develop constructive relationships with field supervisors for the commodity you are managing
- Maintain inventory levels to maximize sales strategy and customer service
- Communicate with harvesting crews to maximize use of labor in the field
- 5+ years of proven transactional sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to work with everyone, from the field/warehouse, to customer, team-members, management, and ownership
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude, but also have the ability to work autonomously
- Well versed in sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate between grower- partners and customers
- Must be able to sell/develop new business as well as manage accounts
- Knowledge and experience with PACA rules and how to manage business accordingly
- Good understanding of order system software (in-house and online)
- General understanding of receivables and deductions
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.