This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for a passionate leader in fresh produce to leverage their expertise, vast network, and love for the industry in an entrepreneurial role.
Joe Produce Search has been engaged to conduct a search for an Executive Vice President. Our client is a smaller company with large potential, based in the Salinas Valley. They run a well-oiled machine and there are other parts of their business that will need a passionate produce industry leader to grow them to their full potential.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Executive Vice President will be responsible for monitoring departmental operations, managing customer relationships, developing the company's strategic goals, and identifying business opportunities that would maximize the company's performance, drive revenues, and achieve the business's profitability goals.
We are seeking an experienced visionary leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, and the background and skillset to deliver on the mission and vision. The person will be a proven strategic thinker with the foresight, capacity, and experience to understand and balance the complex needs within the produce industry. They must be selfmotivated and well-networked with retailer leadership contacts. Ideally, they will have exceptional writing skills and the ability to build programs.
For the candidate to be successful they will need to be highly organized with the ability to work with growershippers, retailers, sales, buyers, and the full produce network. They must have the ability to develop and implement clear, action-oriented, innovative strategies and have thoughtful, effective, and creative solutions that position the organization for future success and growth. They will have a sales and marketing background and understand that working for a small business will require a hands-on approach.
- Work closely with fellow leadership team members to develop and adjust the long-term strategy
- Identify and build relationships with key executive influencers and leaders within the industry
- Forge new relationships to build the organization's visibility
- Monitor organizational operations and customer relationships
- Coordinate and collaborate with team members, tracking projects and supporting their need
- Maximize the organization's performance by identification of new business opportunities
- Coordinate and collaborate with team members, tracking projects and supporting their needs
- Develop plans, roadmaps, and goals for educational seminars
- Curate, organize, and push out content that educates, entertains, and inspires audiences while making speaker prep simple.
- Identify the emerging industry trends and implement them into the organization's blueprint
- Minimum of 10+ years in the produce industry
- Well-networked with strong retail leadership relationships
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Highly organized
- Business development leadership including market intelligence
- Recognized as an industry leader
- Ability to develop and implement strategies, business plans, and projects
- Proven ability to write, including proposals and marketing-type content
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven strategic thinker
- Experienced with the complexities of all aspects of the produce industry
- Ability to build and develop programs
- Passion for the produce industry
- Ability to handle challenges with ease and composure
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.