South San Francisco produce company is seeking a highly skilled and experienced purchasing manager.
This position requires a deep knowledge of the produce industry, including market trends, quality standards, supplier networks, and pricing. It requires strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include the following:
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, growers, and distributors to ensure a reliable and consistent supply of high-quality produce.
- Negotiate with suppliers and growers to obtain the best possible pricing, terms, and conditions for purchasing.
- Continuously evaluate opportunities for cost savings, warehouse process improvements, and increased efficiencies.
- Manage inventory levels of all items, ensuring adequate supplies while minimizing waste and spoilage.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to ensure alignment on procurement strategies and objectives.
The qualifications and requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in produce purchasing or related field.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and growers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to use data to inform purchasing decisions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
If you are a results driven motivated purchasing professional and meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.