We are a grower, shipper, and packer and seeking an organized, energetic, and highly motivated individual to manage the Food Safety and Quality Control Program in Salinas, CA, Yuma, AZ, and McAllen TX.
The position is responsible for the overall implementation and daily management of the Food Safety and QC Programs.
Requirements, Skills, and Technical Knowledge:
- Establish, communicate and monitor QA, FS, GMP programs
- Will be responsible for 3rd party, customer, food safety, processing audits
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others.
- Show initiative and commitment to the company goals.
- Able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level.
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively.
- Able to communicate clearly with coworkers both in writing and verbally.
- Must possess current knowledge of the industry’s food safety regulations, health and safety and hazard prevention (LGMA, FSMA)
- Ability to learn the Famous inventory program.
- Able to lift 65 pounds over head (this is the weight of a pull box of cucumbers.)
- Able to travel various locations occasionally and willing to travel out of state.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Commodity field inspection knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum three (3) years in related field; FS, QA, field inspection, processing facility, fresh produce industry. Hands-On experience preferred
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- Experience managing broad range of quality-related functions
- Demonstrate desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, product quality and reliability.
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect in a creative and effective manner
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline oriented environment.
Qualified candidates should send a resume, including salary history as one document.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.