Country Sweet Produce, Inc. is a 4th generation, family owned and operated, grower, packer, shipper, and marketer of organic and conventional sweet potatoes, organic and conventional onions, and various other seasonal commodities. The company is currently experiencing significant sales growth with retail customers, including several leading national retailers, and has recently opened a new corporate office conveniently located in central Bakersfield, CA.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Sales and Commodity Representative to join our growing company.
A successful candidate will join our Sales Team in developing and maintaining strong business relationships with existing and new customers. We are seeking a motivated individual who has a strong and established work ethic and possesses the ability and desire to flourish within an extremely high paced environment. As a team member you will both work in all aspects of day-to-day operations and identify potential business and be willing to travel to both meet with existing and potential customers.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in produce sales
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in business, ag business, or related field preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, not required
- Some overtime, including weekends and especially during peak seasonal periods may be required
- Effective and efficient time-management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment both independently, with varying levels of ambiguity, and as part of a team
- Systems competencies, including Famous ERP, iTrade, and Retail Link
- Computer competencies including Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Competitive team player with a “can do” mindset
- Some travel, especially same day commuting around company’s properties, and some multi-day travel assignments to include overnight stays at company’s expense will be required
If you’re looking to take your Produce Sales career to the next level, we want to talk to you.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.