Fillmore-Piru Citrus is a fresh-pack, grower-owned citrus packing house in east Ventura County, California. In 1897, seven bold pioneers united to form a cooperative that would grow the finest citrus in the world. Over the past 100 years, Fillmore-Piru Citrus Association has become known for its high-quality fruit as well as its family-oriented environment, which is the key to our success. Our close-knit team works collaboratively to provide fresh citrus for the United States and other global markets.
Today, using state-of-the-art technology, our packing house ensures that freshly picked citrus is packed and shipped to retain just-picked freshness. We aim to be an industry leader of freshly packed fruit. To this end, we focus on enhancing Quality, Efficiency, Teamwork, Safety, and Customer Service. Mostly, we value our people who are the key to our future and our success.
We are currently seeking a seasoned professional to join our team in the capacity of Controller. This is a key position and an Officer of our organization. The incumbent will report to the President and Board of Directors.
This position leads all Finance & Accounting functions for the organization, including supervising the accounting team; assuring information systems are adequate for the company’s needs; overseeing purchasing of all operational and support supplies; assuring compliance with GAAP; and assuring adequate internal and external operational support services are in place to ensure financial success.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A four-year University Degree with an emphasis on accounting or finance is required. MBA and/or CPA preferred. Knowledge of federal and California tax law required. Knowledge of payroll systems required.
- 10 years experience in a managerial accounting/finance role is required. Supervisory experience required.
- Must possess advanced Excel skills. Experience with Famous software preferred. Experience with Paylocity preferred.
- Must be able to speak English. Bilingual(English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Preferred Experience: Production, Manufacturing or Agriculture.
Our company offers an attractive wage and benefit package that includes:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Group Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Time Off
- Bonus Program
If you are interested in joining the Fillmore-Piru Citrus team, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume as a single document (PDF).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.