At Fruit Growers Supply Company, we’ve been providing growers, pickers, packers, and shippers in agriculture with everything under the sun since 1907. As the nation’s longest running non-profit supply cooperative, you won’t find an agricultural supplier with more experience, higher quality products, or better service. Whether it's supplies, irrigation design and installation, citrus wax, corrugated packaging, custom wooden shipping pallets, or timber sales –– we've got you covered.
We are now accepting resumes for an Irrigation Sales Representative to join our team in Porterville, CA.
The primary objective of the Irrigation Sales Representative is to execute against a sales plan and ensure the generation of new sales exceed target goals. Conduct Irrigation sales call, target potential new customers, and follow up with current customer base regarding future needs. Evaluates estimates for customer needs including irrigation pipelines, filters, pumps, and emission devices. Assist with scheduling sub-contractors during the installation phase of projects.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- Strong familiarity with the San Joaquin Valley, Fresno County, and Tulare County
- Strong understanding of irrigation pipelines, filters, pumps, emission devices, and other irrigation equipment
- 3-5 years irrigation experience
- A college degree in an agricultural related field preferred
- Must be fast paced, high energy, a self-starter, with a positive attitude
- Must work well under pressure and thrive in a sales driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook - SAP a plus
- Valid unrestricted California driver's license
- Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and handle bulky items
- Continuing educational classes in irrigation will be encouraged
At Fruit Growers Supply Company, we believe that our strength and longevity is a result of the hard work and dedication from our employee’s contributions. We foster a safe and respectful work environment with diversity and inclusion for all employees. We aim to achieve a strong work/life balance for everyone by providing wellness education and benefits including holiday, vacation and sick time. We believe that when our employees are happy, so are our customers.
Your health and welfare are important to us and your benefits are an integral component to your overall compensation. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs, voluntary benefits for legal, short-term disability, pet insurance, identity theft coverage, employee-paid critical illness, and family care solutions for children and elderly.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.