Fruit World Co. is a young produce sales company with generations of history. We specialize in growing and shipping organic and conventional citrus and organic stone fruit and grapes, focusing on high flavor and unparalleled customer service.
Fruit World has been thoughtfully growing and we have an immediate opening for our first Sales Administrative Assistant!
We are looking for an amazingly detail-oriented, organized, proactive and energetic individual to fill this very important, newly formed role. The person we hire will have a great opportunity to make this job her or his own. Fruit World is like family to us so we are looking for someone we can trust, who will take initiative and dive in to get the work done. And done thoughtfully. Like we would do it ourselves.
The Benefits of Working for Fruit World:
We are a fun, friendly and energetic small company based in the San Joaquin Valley and the Bay Area. We offer health insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off and a plenty of opportunity for growth for the right person. And, of course, tasty fruit.
- Process and input orders into sales software and various industry online portals
- Coordinate booking freight and transportation for shipments
- Compile and send order/shipment support documents to customers
- Work with Sales Reps to allocate inventory
- Assist in compiling and formatting sales reports
- Communicate with our packing houses and maintain accurate inventory on a daily basis
- Input inventory into sales/inventory management software
- Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Schedule appointments, meetings and maintain a calendar of activities
- Sort, read and annotate incoming mail and documents
- Print and mail letters, checks and other items
- Assist with the Company’s preparations for the annual organic certification audit
- Support remote accounting functions
- Help develop and document standard operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Ideally, the person we hire loves fresh produce. Huge plus if you have some produce industry knowledge or experience. This position is based in Oakland, but for the right candidate we are willing to consider basing the position in our Reedley, CA office. Or you can work with us in Oakland for a year or two, then have the option of relocating to the San Joaquin Valley.
- At least 2 years of experience in office operations or sales support
- High school diploma/GED required
- Experience in the produce industry and/or logistics is preferred, but by no means required
- Demonstrated history of excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Organized, accurate, and capable of taking direction and providing support to multiple people
- We work in a fast-paced environment so the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks is key, along with solid time management skills
- Extremely dependable and self-motivated
- Proficiency with computers and software including Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to occasionally work overtime hours and Saturdays
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please submit your resume and include a cover letter telling us a little bit about what you are looking for and how your experience could be a match for this role.