The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, service, and industry leadership to feed the world in a healthy way.
Our Nature's Partner brand represents the core of what we do: a partnership with our people, customers, growers, and the land and its fruits. Products packed under the Nature's Partner label represent some of the highest-quality fruits and vegetables in the marketplace, having met strict standards for food safety, quality control, and flavor. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sales Support Representative. The ideal applicant is detail oriented with excellent active listening skills and strong analytical skill to recognize various problems while finding a quick resolution for this “hands on” position. The position will be based in our Long Beach, California office. The primary role of this position will include (but is not limited to) performing administrative and operational duties as required or assigned. This is an entry level, full time position with long-term growth potential for a motivated candidate.
Compensation is hourly (between $14.00 -$16.00 per hour), with optional medical, dental, vision, life & LTD, and 401k benefits. Employee will report to the Long Beach division manager.
- Provide exceptional customer service (e.g. answer phones, assist in problem solving, etc).
- Perform order entry procedures.
- Coordinate orders and shipping schedules with appropriate shipping departments.
- Distribute customer documents as required (e.g. passings, sales confirmations, Pallet Aging)
- Reconcile order quantities with warehouse records.
- Maintain inventory inquiries and provide necessary paperwork for sales staff.
- Contact customers as needed to retrieve order status, truck and loading status, etc.
- Coordinate logistics for production and re-packing needs.
- Acquire and dispatch needed trucking services.
- Coordinate shipping samples via Fed-Ex, DHL, etc.
- Maintain office supplies, Temp recorders, etc.
- Processing and approving invoices.
- Run inventory reports for sales teams.
- Two- or four-year college degree, emphasis in agriculture preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of two or more years’ experience in the fresh produce or agriculture industry.
- Bilingual Spanish and English a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Strong computer and technical skills required, with extensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and web-based programs, along with the ability to learn industry-specific software.
- Commitment to excellent service for all customers, growers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Must have reliable transportation.