Family-owned and headquartered in Bakersfield, California, Grimmway Farms traces its roots to a produce stand opened by the Grimm brothers. Today, Grimmway still follows the principles planted by founders Rod and Bob Grimm through our commitment to caring for customers and employees, honoring sustainable practices and preserving natural resources for generations to come.
We are now accepting resumes for the position of Crop Category Manager (Mixed Vegetables) to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all inputs (planting, irrigation, fertilization applications, pest management) and reporting against designated scheduled targets. Responsible for timing optimization of harvest projections to ensure maximum quality and yield. Responsible for projections and harvest scheduling to meet sales requirements.
- Manage coordination of all inputs for designated crops.
- Oversee planting, irrigation, fertilization, and pest management.
- Report against designated scheduled targets.
- Ensure accurate projections and harvest scheduling.
- Ensure harvest timing optimization for maximum quality and yield.
- Ensure optimal ground utilization, field selection, and rotation.
- Adhere to all regulatory and safety guidelines.
- Ensure all organic standards are met.
- Interact with other department managers to facilitate the coordination of work (Agronomists, Ranch Managers, Planting/Harvesting Managers, Sales, Accounting, and Human Resources Departments). Other duties as assigned.
- Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing.
- Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Agriculture preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct row crop and Leafy Green Vegetable farming experience required.
- Experienced in reporting; standardization and analysis.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of scheduling and executing crop inputs including, but not limited to, planting, cultivation, applications, fertilization, and irrigation.
- Ability to forecast harvest estimates and quality.
- Must possess effective communication skills.
- Must be able to travel to all farming areas on a regular basis.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation.