Responsible for the coordination of all inputs (planting, irrigation, fertilization applications, pest management) and reporting against designated scheduled targets. Responsible for timing optimization of harvest projections to ensure maximum quality and yield. Responsible for projections and harvest scheduling to meet sales requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage coordination of all inputs for designated crops.
- Oversee planting, irrigation, fertilization, and pest management.
- Report against designated scheduled targets.
- Ensure accurate projections and harvest scheduling.
- Ensure harvest timing optimization for maximum quality and yield.
- Ensure optimal ground utilization, field selection, and rotation.
- Adhere to all regulatory and safety guidelines.
- Ensure all organic standards are met.
- Interact with other department managers to facilitate the coordination of work (Agronomists, Ranch Managers, Planting/Harvesting Managers, Sales, Accounting, and Human Resources Departments).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to continuously work outdoors all day in various and sometimes extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to inspect equipment and product.
- Ability to continuously work with product and equipment at ground level.
- Ability to work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment.
- Ability to get on and off various stationary and moving equipment.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as 32°F).
- Must be able to move items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Agriculture or related field required
- Must demonstrate knowledge of scheduling and executing crop inputs including, but not limited to, planting, cultivation, applications, fertilization, and irrigation
- Ability to forecast harvest estimates and quality
- Experienced in reporting, standardization and analysis
- Must possess effective communication skills with all levels of staff
- Must be able to travel to all farming areas on a regular basis
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting schedule
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La Verne
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout California
- Work life balance