Headquartered in Bakersfield, California, Grimmway Farms traces its roots to a Southern California produce stand opened by the Grimm brothers in the early 1960s. Grimmway is a global produce leader and the world’s largest producer of carrots. Grimmway also supplies more than 65 organic USA-grown crops, and brands include Cal-Organic Farms and Bunny-Luv. Grimmway is committed to caring for customers and employees, honoring sustainable practices and preserving natural resources for future generations.
We have a great opportunity for a Regional Grower Relations and Development Manager to join our team in Bakersfield, CA.
The Regional Grower Relations and Development Manager will oversee existing grower relationships in Colorado and the southeast United States, primarily Florida, Georgia, and surrounding states. Provide support for organic operations in regional growing areas. Work with SVP and land acquisition team to expand growing areas throughout North America. Develop and maintain new grower relationships on the east coast, Midwest, and other growing regions outside of the west coast.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of organic farm management, and organic and conventional carrot growing experience required, including strong understanding of labor resources and direct involvement in the business side of the industry
- Must demonstrate knowledge of scheduling and executing crop inputs, including, but not limited to, planting, cultivation, fertilization, irrigation, harvesting and production.
- Ability to forecast harvest estimates and evaluate quality of crops
- Must have experience in crop reporting, standardization, and ag financial
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Must have good organization skills and be self-motivated
- Travel on a regular basis required; approximately 50% of the time
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage general growing activities including planting and harvesting in Colorado.
- Supervise Colorado farming staff.
- Direct and oversee general growing activities from planting to harvest for contracted growers in southeast including organic operations.
- Work closely with Ranch Managers, Agronomists and SE General Manager on planting schedules and harvesting forecasts for both carrots and organic vegetables.
- Communicate with growers Grimmway’s day-to-day needs and capabilities.
- Work with growers to estimate volume and yields; assist in forecasting and planning.
- Proactively communicate with growers to facilitate compliance requirements for supplier approval and food safety.
- Perform ongoing grower performance analysis and apply results to business decisions.
- Develop new and existing grower relationships to meet supply chain volume requirements.
- Work with SVP and land acquisition team to expand growing areas throughout North America.
- Develop and maintain new grower relationships on the east coast, Midwest, and other growing regions outside of the west coast.
- Specifically analyze and evaluate whether growers have the assets and resources (including water) necessary to provide steady future supply of carrots in their region.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to continuously work outdoors all day in various and sometimes extreme weather conditions. Ability to inspect equipment and product. Ability to continuously work with product and equipment at ground level. Ability to work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment. Ability to get on and off various stationary and moving equipment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout much of the working day if necessary. Ability to occasionally move about inside the office. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment. Must be able to move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.