Bring your book of business as a Truck Broker to Iggy Transportation!
Iggy Transportation is looking for a Freight Broker with 3-5 years of experience and an established book of business to join our company in Scranton, PA.
The ideal candidate will have a background in transportation and an entrepreneurial spirit that will grow the customer base while finding creative ways to ensure cargo is delivered on time and safely using the most effective routes.
We have a direct affiliation with Retail, Produce Wholesalers and Produce Brokers, and pay above industry average commissions as well as having our own Growing Operation. The earnings potential is unlimited.
- Develop new business; generate leads through existing book of business and networking activities
- Coordinate shipments with produce wholesalers and produce brokers – scheduling, dispatch shipping, and receiving
- Meet gross profit targets
- Negotiate rates between customers and carriers, and handle conflict
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all sales, vendors and customers
- Manage multiple pick-ups and deliveries
- Effectively communicate service expectations to carriers
- 3-5 years’ truck broker experience with an established book of business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or equivalent work experience
- Prior produce experience, preferred
- Prior logistics experience and knowledge, preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and communication skills (oral and written)
- Comprehensive understanding of market conditions
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.