At IMEX AGRO Inc, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We attract people who are passionate for the produce industry, the communities they live and work in, how we treat our planet and our fellow humans – and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
We are currently looking for a Fruits & Vegetables Category Director to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
The Fruits & Vegetables Sales Category Director will play a key role in maintaining current relationships with customers at the same time they develop new customer relationships and market strategies towards sales and customers. You will be responsible for actively leading your department. Staying informed about new products, market trends and competition. Your direct areas of responsibility are fresh vegetables and fruits. This position will work with the Procurement Director, Logistics and Operation departments to develop your department’s product mix, placement, pricing, and promotional strategies, and will be responsible for the ongoing programs development and profitability of IMEX AGRO Inc. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create smart, fun, sales-driving programs that are easy to execute and provide our customers with an experience that meets the IMEX AGRO Inc.’s Sales and Market Share growth expectations. You will also build and maintain positive relationships and active partnership with our customers, Retailers, Wholesaler, Jobbers, Food Service, etc.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years of produce Purchasing / Sales or category management experience, preferably in Western Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia)
- Proven track record of success in purchasing / selling, pricing, distribution, and financial management.
- Commitment to the Mission and Core Values of IMEX AGRO Inc.
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker with a passion for Fresh Produce by creating a fun, functional, and profitable product mix.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with proven track record of successful outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Proven track record of leadership experience, including effective management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas, conclusions, and recommendations with clarity.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret instructions, correspondence, articles/journals, financial reports, and movement reports, and formulate effective action plans based on data analysis.
- Basic retail merchandising proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), replenishment systems, and other internet-based software.
- ERP knowledge of Sage Quantum and FAMOUS Produce, optional.
- Ability to travel as much as required. Up-to 50% of your time.
This is a tremendous opportunity to be a leader in our rapidly growing company. We offer a competitive compensation package, and a great opportunity to take your produce career to the next level!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.