Index Fresh is a 100+ year old Southern California grower, packer, shipper, and importer of Avocados.
We are looking for someone fun and dynamic to join our team! Do you have a strong passion for fresh produce? Are you self-motivated, but at the same time able to motivate others? Does the thought of servicing clients with high levels of enthusiasm excite you? If yes, then we want to hear from you. The Sales Manager is responsible for Avocado sales and the development of retail, wholesale, and foodservice accounts across the United States.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience in business development.
- At least five years of experience selling produce to retailers, wholesalers, and food service, preferably avocados.
- Excellent leadership qualities to represent the company with professionalism and integrity.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Solid understanding of distribution.
- Proven track record of increasing sales and establishing new accounts.
- Strong work ethic: determination to achieve or exceed goals.
- Ability to work under time constraints and perform with minimum supervision
- Ability to analyze and adapt to changing market factors and recommend or implement courses of action.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information from different sources and come up with sound strategic solutions
- Excellent communication, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual-Spanish skills a plus.
This is a full-time position; typical work hours are varied and require flexibility. Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends required. Overnight travel of up 25% of the time.
Index Fresh offers an excellent work environment and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including incentive bonus, health insurance, vacation and 401(k) company matching.