We are a fifth generation, vertically integrated, family owned and operated grower, packer, and shipper of premium tree fruit. We are known as an industry leader in the production of Asian Apple Pears, white flesh peaches and nectarines. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with the sweetest, most flavorful fruit that exceeds their quality and value expectations year-round.
We now have an immediate opening for a Sales Assistant to join our team Kingsburg, CA. This is an excellent opportunity to get into the Produce industry!
The primary function of the Sales Assistant is to support Sales Representatives in the daily execution of business by creating and processing orders, organizing resources, assisting in making deadlines, and acting as a liaison between sales and customers.
- High School Diploma/ GED required
- 1-2 years of experience as administrative assistant preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office and Outlook, working w/ attachments, Adobe Acrobat, and thorough knowledge of the Internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and peers
- Ability to handle/prioritize multiple tasks and focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Ability to finish task in timely manner – solid time management
- Ability to take direction
- Have knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems
- Knowledge of Famous software preferred
- Able to work overtime hours and Saturdays when needed
In return, we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Basic and supplemental Life and AD&D
Processing and inputting orders using Famous software, and filling orders using various online portals including; iTrade, FoodLink, SPS Commerce, Retail link, etc.
Assisting in organizing freight and transportation for shipments
Compiling and sending support documents to customers
Creating, formatting and updating multiple sales reports in FaceFoward and Excel
Thorough and consistent tracking of new and changing commodities to assist in fulfilling orders efficiently and effectively
Multi-tasking various projects, deadlines and reports
Be prepared to assist with the design and organization of marketing materials and PowerPoint presentations for sales meetings
Backup in assisting customers when sales reps are unavailable
Copy, scan and file orders and other documents
Prepare fruit samples for customers using FedEx shipments
Review samples in cold storage to assist sales reps in determining quality
Follow up with customers and transportation carriers on trouble files, order inquiries, and accounts receivables
Work strategically with sales rep to develop and grow new and existing customers