Kitchen Pride Mushroom Farms (KPMF) is a leading American supplier of fresh mushrooms. The Company operates from a state-of-the-art facility in Gonzales, Texas. KPMF grows and sells premium quality white, brown, sliced, and other specialty mushrooms and has assembled a world-class team with decades of growing and operations experience. The Company produces 13m mushrooms annually and employs over 250 fulltime team members.
More information: www.kitchenpride.com
Role And Responsibilites:
The incumbent to the position will lead sales, marketing, business development, and logistics activities at KPMF. The position is part of the senior leadership team at KPMF and reports to CEO.
- Assume overall leadership and management of the Sales Department and work closely with the CEO, COO, and others to achieve commercial objectives
- Proactively work to nurture and develop relationships with existing KPMF customers; provide prompt solutions and service to customers working collaboratively with the broader KPMF team
- Develop and originate new customer relationships as KPMF enters a rapid phase of growth
- Lead other business development initiatives including evaluating new product opportunities, partnerships and JVs, and more
- Oversight of day-to-day logistics and operations for the sales and delivery of fresh mushrooms
- Work closely with the broader KPMF team on the sales strategy, competitor intelligence and benchmarking, and other ad hoc analysis
- Initiate and manage Sales Department strategic initiatives, including implementation of a new a new CRM system and other projects, to develop and professionalize the organization
- Represent KPMF at various industry trade shows, food shows, etc.
- Spend time with the compost, growing, harvesting, packing, and other teams to learn KPMF’s business
Other Position Parameters
- Location – Based in Gonzales, Texas at KPMF’s offices
- Travel – Regular travel to meet customers
Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
We are seeking an ambitious individual with the following skillsets and personal characteristics:
- 10 years+ of sales experience and a track record of originating new sales relationships. Preference for an individual with sales experience (i) in fresh produce/food and (ii) to major supermarkets
- Highly motivated and passionate about sales and business development
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Able to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- A quick learner who is inquisitive by nature
Personal characteristics required
- Able to thrive in an agile and results oriented corporate environment
- High physical and intellectual energy and sense of urgency
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity
- Flexible, straightforward and prepared to work the hours needed to succeed in the role
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- A competitive base salary and a performance-based bonus plan
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid vacation
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.