Born out of love for fresh produce and a desire to bring the world’s best tasting citrus to U.S. shoppers, LGS Specialty Sales partners with select growers around the world to bring our customers the best quality and year-round supply of clementines and avocados, as well as seasonal citrus and grapes. Each of our commodities are sourced from the world’s finest growing regions, known for having optimal climate and soil conditions. We work very closely with each partner, visiting their fields regularly throughout the season to monitor crop conditions and fruit quality, as well as ensuring our growing and safety standards are never compromised.
LGS Specialty Sales has an immediate opening for a full-time Account Manager in New York.
The Account Manager will provide world class service to LGS customers and commodity suppliers. This person plays an integral role in the growth and future success of LGS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain customer relationships in the retail, wholesale, and foodservice segments of the fresh produce industry.
- Maintain consistent communication with customers to effectively service their purchasing and program requirements while formulating innovative marketing strategies to optimize sales growth with each customer.
- Work with category managers to implement plans of action based on current and projected market conditions for all commodities and import seasons.
- Manage customer orders.
- Resolve all claims and arrivals issues through proper documentation and communication with members of supply chain.
- Special marketing projects and initiatives as directed.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- 2-4 years of sales or marketing experience in the fresh produce industry with a proven record of enhancing current customer relationships and fostering new customer relationships.
- Salary based on experience.
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- 401K and profit sharing (with matching after 1 year of service).
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays.
- Free coffee, tea, water, when available any of the commodities we offer. Free on site parking.