Are you a Citrus Professional looking to take your career to the next level?
Do you enjoy being involved in all aspects of the process? (Sourcing to Store?)
Do you enjoy working with a team to achieve mutual goals?
Then, we should talk.
LGS Specialty Sales, Ltd. is a four-star, A-rated importer of fresh fruits and vegetables, with an industry wide reputation for innovation and maintaining the highest standards of excellence in produce quality, packaging, service and food safety, and we’re looking for a Citrus Category Manager. We are open to location and potentially remote for the right person.
The Citrus Category Manager will provide world class service to LGS customers and commodity suppliers. This means they are tasked with connecting our grower suppliers to LGS and vice versa. This person will be responsible for all citrus related marketing strategies, operational activities, procurement as well as sales and logistics. You will ensure that the quality and safety of products are in accordance with our customer requirements. This person plays an integral role in the growth and future success of LGS (and its brands Darling Citrus and Suavo Avocado).
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Responsible for the successful implementation and growth of the citrus category.
- Communication with existing and new grower/exporters relating to product timing, volumes, pack styles, liquidations, and worldwide & local market pricing.
- Communication with our sales teams on future and current inventories, market pricing, quality/condition of fruit, competing products, customer list utilization, etc.
- Work with sales management regarding future ad lid pricing, volume projections, promotions, special packaging, etc.
- Maintain and service your own customer base selling citrus commodities as well as the other commodities LGS offers.Category
- Communicate and maintain a close relationship with our Quality Control team reviewing quality/condition of fruit throughout the importation and sales process.
- Track market trends and competitor information to effectively analyze and identify opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing global citrus market knowledge in order to audit and identify new opportunities as well as strengthen existing supplier base.
- Manage inventory to ensure proper rotation of product.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience working in a Procurement/Sales.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with retail portfolios.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Citrus.
- Experience in other categories a plus as well.
- Strong business, economic, and marketing background.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with customers / growers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and succeed with limited direct supervision
- Proven planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Computer literacy required: proficiency in standard business applications included in Microsoft Office Suite. Famous software experience also helpful.
- Periodic International and Domestic travel is required.
- Must be fluent in English, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Salary based on experience.
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- 401K and profit sharing (with matching after 1 year of service).
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays.
- Free coffee, tea, water, when available any of the commodities we offer. Free on site parking.