The National Account Manager position is designed to build the Local Bounti business with existing customers and develop new customers in the grocery & natural channels in addition to related wholesalers and distributors. Additionally, this position will possibly manage a broker network to assist in the development of the customer base. The successful candidate for this position must possess a unique and broad skill set in both CPG and produce department sales. The candidate must have the ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with key decision makers and able to operate at both the strategic and tactical levels consistent with the needs of a small, nimble organization. The candidate must be capable of creating, executing, and delivering customer business plans consistent with company strategies and objectives. They must also have experience with conventional supermarket/grocery, mass retailers and natural channel customers with demonstrated success growing businesses and solid relationships with produce procurement decision makers within the assigned region.
- Build and execute plan to develop and grow Local Bounti business in the assigned customers/channels ultimately improving the Local Bounti position in the marketplace.
- Lead all interaction with assigned customers to present and sell in Local Bounti products, programs, and initiatives.
- Where applicable, manage broker relationships to secure necessary support (i.e., analytics, administrative, meetings, etc.) to expand capacity and effectiveness; set challenging objectives for brokers and regularly interact to develop, set & measure KPIs, assess performance and direct broker organization in support of Local Bounti business objectives.
- Implement and execute joint business planning with key customers on Local Bounti products with regular check ins and progress updates.
- Manage the business by using internal systems, including but not limited to Salesforce, NetSuite, Artemis, and MS applications.
- Work with VP of Bus Development and VP of Finance to develop comprehensive volume, trade spending & shopper marketing plans consistent with company strategies and within established parameters.
- Be proficient in using all available data to customize selling stories for assigned customers.
- Regularly analyze customer’s businesses to make fact-based recommendations to improve Local Bounti’s market position in a sound financial way.
- Make regular decisions on customer investments & trade spending (promotions, events, customer marketing & advertising programs)
- Must be able to create and report on annual and monthly forecast projections based on clear assumptions and goals.
- Customers Champion: Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Seek better and innovative solutions in the role and for the customers served.
- Passionate about developing self to full potential. Collaborative with team and enjoy working with and winning with others across the business.
- Role model for honesty, integrity, and respect for others. Demonstrating the desire to do what is ethical and appropriate for the company and customers.
- prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Proud of our brands and work continuously to increase their relevance with our customers and consumers. You are an advocate for our brand, consumers, and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, or marketing preferred with 8 or more years of progressive responsibility with large account management in the CPG and Produce space.
- Must have experience successfully calling on and delivering significant growth at Albertson’s/Safeway and their divisions; additional experience with other major retailers such as Kroger, Walmart, Costco, Whole Foods, and regional players preferred. Food service experience considered a plus.
- Must have superior negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills required including the ability to analyze syndicated data (IRI/SPINS), customer POS data, trade spending reports and other similar information to deliver fact based, sound solutions to deliver sales & profit growth.
- Must possess strong computer skills with a keen understanding of business software such as, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment, handle many tasks simultaneously and be a versatile team player that can operate with minimal direction.
- Be able to handle pressure skillfully, prioritize, and work efficiently possessing excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and embrace change with a fast growing, evolving company.
- Travel extensively as necessary to attend sales calls & necessary trade shows in person with key customers to develop strategic relationships, support team members and sell in key company initiatives.