Founded in 1976, Main Street Produce is a premier cooling and shipping company that markets and ships top quality produce to locations throughout the United States and around the world. Although focused on strawberries, the company is also a grower/shipper of raspberries, broccoli, and brussel sprouts. Working alongside its sister company of Freshway Farms, Main Street Produce is committed to operating at the highest level of professionalism and uncompromising integrity and caring for its customers as well as its employees in an effort to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Strawberry Sales Manager to join our team in Santa Maria, CA.!
The successful candidate will have experience handling all aspects of the sales process to service its current well-established customer base of retail customers and to continue to develop the company’s customer base. This well-established, fully integrated organization is family-oriented and values strong ethics, integrity and professionalism.
The person we’re looking for will have:
- 4+ years previous successful sales experience in the fresh strawberry category
- Strong experience/relationships working with domestic retail customers; the ideal candidate will bring one or more customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong skills with MS Office, Famous Software, and other computer skills such as spreadsheets, word processing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays, and eligibility for various bonus programs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.