Maui Fresh International is a wholesaler and distributor of fruits and vegetables for local and national customers since 2004. Maui offers a wide range of produce year-round and specializes in peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, eggplant, melons and Hawaiian papayas. Maui Fresh is based in Los Angeles, California and currently operates out of a 24,000 sq. ft lot inside the LA produce terminal and a 53,000 sq. ft. warehouse just a few blocks away from its maket location.
We now have an opportunity for a Buyer/Salesperson to join us in the Los Angeles Terminal market.
In this role, you will be responsible for buying and selling a wide variety of fruits. Assist other Sales Representatives in collecting and transmitting competitive information regarding prices and product.
You will source and procure fresh produce, including negotiation of pricing and inbound logistics as well as perform sales functions to achieve sales goals. You will also work with all members of the sales team to ensure that we provide our clients with impeccable service and quality products.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- AA Degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent of education and experience.
- Minimum of three + years’ experience in a buying/sales position, either inside or outside sales in the agriculture/produce industry.
- Must possess and understand market conditions, trends and pricing.
- Extensive experience using a PC particularly in Excel; previous ProducePro software preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Must possess excellent negotiating and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to travel within the US as required; approximately 5%
- Ability to comprehend all policies and procedures.
- Works effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess excellent inter personnel skills.
- Commitment to the company’s values and ethics.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great company and great people, all while advancing your produce career!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.