Are you a sales rockstar with a passion for produce? Want to grow your career with a major player in the industry? We've got just the job for you!
We’re Maui Fresh International, a wholesaler and distributor of fruits and vegetables for local and national customers since 2004. Maui offers a wide range of produce year-round and specializes in peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, eggplant, melons and Hawaiian papayas. Maui Fresh is based in Los Angeles, California and currently operates out of a 24,000 sq. ft lot inside the LA produce terminal and a 53,000 sq. ft. warehouse just a few blocks away from its market location.
We have a great opportunity for a Produce Salesperson to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
This role is perfect for a scrappy people person who loves cultivating both grower and account relationships. You'll need to stay up-to-date with market conditions in order to effectively buy, promote, and sell our client's products. You'll build and maintain produce industry accounts, and will regularly attend client meetings and other industry events.
The ideal Produce Salesperson will have:
- At least five years of sales experience in the produce world.
- Amazing communication skills, and a hunger for growth!
Additional job duties include:
- Achieving/exceeding assigned Economic Impact margin goals every month
- Responding to and resolving customer issues or complaints
- Developing a plan for the top prospective accounts; including products to pursue, cross-selling opportunities, and other contacts to establish within those companies
- Maintaining up to date records; leads, opportunities, call notes, mand communications
- Meeting regularly with teammates to review their accounts/products purchased
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.