Grow our tomorrow. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 20 years and one of Canada’s (and BC’s) Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for someone to join our fruit obsessed team. A team that takes great pride in creating a future for a whole host of hard-working growers both locally and internationally.
You will be a dynamic self-starter who thrives on building relationships and has an innate ability to be creative and compelling in equal amounts. A storyteller extraordinaire, who can also balance budgets; you will be ready to jump in and grow existing relationships as well as foster new ones by hitting the road and getting in front of key players in the industry. Working shoulder to shoulder with sales and marketing teams you are innovative and solutions oriented.
Provide the spark for the continued development of the most important department for all Oppy retail customers within your zone.
- Provide outstanding customer service to assigned retail, wholesale and food service accounts with an eye to increase company market share for our products and brands.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, internally and externally to help increase sales and interaction related to assigned accounts.
- Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, helping to develop stronger relationships with targeted accounts.
- Arrange and attend sales meetings with accounts as needed in order to promote company products and services in accordance with established sales targets.
- Provide business and analytical support to the sales and marketing department, including assisting in the preparation and delivery of customer business reviews and category presentations to help promote awareness of Oppy Brands and products.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues arising from meetings, liaising with all parties to find creative solutions.
- Work with sales representatives and category directors to develop targeted and strategic sales and promotional programs and account plans.
- Complete monthly retail/customer visits and communicate market intel to senior management, category directors, and deal managers.
- Act as a brand ambassador, nurturing the positive reputation of Oppy and associated brands.
Who You Are
- A Communication Maven. You are adept at quickly building impactful presentations, have a way with words, relish the opportunity to pitch something to an audience and never shy away from the difficult conversations.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically pursue new business opportunities. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- Impactful. You have passion and the confidence to be an extraordinary networker and will keep trying until you get results.
- Incredibly Organized. You will be juggling marketing campaigns, multiple brands and retailers; working across departments with a wicked eye for detail.
- Analytically Driven. You know what is working and what is not. You use data to make decisions, communicate and influence.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
- Flexible. You are cool with frequent travel throughout your region and occasionally outside of it.
- Schooled. You have a degree or diploma in business with a focus on sales and marketing. If you have retail or agri-business experience that really rocks!
Why Join Our Team
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm.
- Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes 401K match and benefits.
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.