Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America's top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 18 years and one of BC’s Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for a motivated, connected and pragmatic sales professional. With accountability to the sales leadership team and collaborating with the category leadership team you will contribute dedicated team of professionals that love what they do. Come join a global team that is passionate about what they do and positioned for significant growth
Who You Are:
The Senior Sales Representative acts as a liaison between the company at a senior level and growers, retail customers, and within the industry. They will establish, maintain, and develop a customer base for each assigned product/territory while assisting the Sales Manager in the development and promotion of new product lines. They will also ensure that product price and Grower returns are maximized to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth. The Senior Sales Representative will provide leadership in their role and manage multiple lines of commodities, working to actively grow the business and its networks. The ideal candidate will work effectively with other departments, maximizes and coordinates marketing efforts, maintain an extensive network of contacts, gather market intel, and source items where possible.
What You Bring
- Advanced knowledge of principles and methods for promoting and selling products and services.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, concepts, and standards including the produce retail, wholesale, and foodservice markets.
- Knowledge of the Perishable Agriculture Commodities Act (PACA).
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Desire to promote a customer-focused culture in alignment with the company’s core values, guiding principles and goals.
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to set priorities and meet target goals.
- Ability to function in a high pressure, fast-paced sales environment.
- Demonstrable integrity and trust in all activities, with the ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including ability to listen and communicate information and ideas clearly through a variety of mediums.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and organize daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to speak Spanish is considered an asset.
Why You Should Consider Us
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.