This position requires in person training in our Kent office and will have the opportunity to work remotely as necessary thereafter. Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and theywill make you successful. Consistently profitable with a talented and stable leadership team, our company is seeking an experienced and creative Sales Account Manager in Kent, Washington to help take our Food Service business to the next level.
What you'll do...
- Achieve sales objectives consistent with company volume and profit targets, while offering the highest level of customer service, teamwork and integrity
- Work with sales manager to create sales strategy and forecast
- Conduct prospecting on phone and in person necessary to fill pipeline with qualified leads
- Resolve customer concerns by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations
- Assist transportation department in managing service levels and customer expectations
- Perform work at a level which promotes a positive image of Pacific Coast Fruit Company within the organization and the marketplace
- Understand and capitalize on market conditions
- Negotiate commodity programs with buyers and customers
- Strategically manage price lists
What we look for...
- High School diploma or GED, college degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales, brokerage or related experience including prospecting new business
- Experience with perishables and/or food service experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an effective high sales closing ratio and history of significantly growing sales and income year over year
- Experience in negotiating pricing
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and meet target goals
- Passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Works well with a team, and in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Proficient with technology, including Hubspot or other CRM software and MS Excel
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Paid sales training and ongoing professional development Opportunities. Competitive salary and incentive plan with unlimited earnings Opportunity
- Comprehensive health insurance package including, medical, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- A flexible/remote work environment (after training)
- The chance to work at a company committed to providing excellent service to our customers. All the fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program
If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d love to hear from you! Pacific Coast Fruit Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pacific Coast Fruit Company participates in the E-Verify Electronic Employment Verification Program. To ensure that we continue to maintain a safe work environment, all employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to beginning work.